CLASS 4 – DOMESTIC AND HANDICRAFT.
ROSE BOWL – Awarded for the most points in the Domestic Class.
JUDY HAMBROOK PLATE for the most points in the handicraft class.
Only work completed in the last 12 months to be entered.
All classes marked * to be placed on the plate provided by the Society.
SECTION 4 – DOMESTIC.
(Entries for 50 to 55 must have a plain white metal lid and plain labels.)
50. Jar of marmalade 12 oz – 1lb. ( 325g – 500g).
51. Jar of jam (soft fruit) 12 oz – 1lb. ( 325g – 500g)
52. Jar of jam (stoned fruit) 12 oz – 1lb. ( 325g – 500g).
53. Jar of jelly 8 ozs(250g).
54. Jar of lemon curd 8 ozs (250g)
55. Jar of chutney 12 oz – 1 lb (325g – 500g)
56. *Fruity Banana Bread to the recipe given here.
57. *5 cheese straws.
58. *White loaf —1 lb ( 500g) (made by hand, not in bread-maker)
59. *Victoria Sandwich with jam filling. 3 eggs,180mm diameter tin
60. *5 Cherry scones.
61. *Chocolate Tray Bake, 5 slices each 50mm by 50mm.
62. *5 Bakewell Tarts.
63. * 5 Mince Pies.
64. Apron with pockets
66. Embroidered Handkerchief
67. A piece of Cross Stitch
68. Patchwork Potholder
69. Knitted Tea Cosy
70. A Painting maximum size 300mm
71. Any other Handicraft – Non Edible
COCONUT CAKE RECIPE
- 120 gm Desiccated coconut
- 120 gm Butter
- 5 Fl Oz Milk
- 240 gm SR Flour
- 240 gm Caster Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Grease the tin a 2lb loaf tin..
- Soak the coconut in the milk..
- Cream the butter and the sugar and add the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and salt and lastly add the soaked coconut.
- Stir thoroughly and spoon into the loaf tin. Do not smooth over the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes in a preheated oven at gas mark 4 (350° F, 180° C, Fan 160° C).
- Remove from the tin when cold..
CLASS 5 PHOTOGRAPHS
- The David Morgan Memorial Trophy.
Awarded for the best entry by a member
All photographs to have been taken since last year’s show, and not to be computer enhanced. Maximum Size 150mm x 180mm un-mounted, colour or black and white.