CLASS 4 – DOMESTIC AND HANDICRAFT.
ROSE BOWL – Awarded for the most points in the Domestic Class.
JUDY HAMBROOK PLATE for the most points in the handicraft class.
Only work completed in the last 12 months to be entered.
All classes marked * to be placed on the plate provided by the Society.
SECTION 4 – DOMESTIC.
(Entries for 50 to 55 must have a plain white metal lid and plain labels.)
50. Jar of marmalade 12 oz – 1lb. ( 325g – 500g).
51. Jar of jam (soft fruit) 12 oz – 1lb. ( 325g – 500g)
52. Jar of jam (stoned fruit) 12 oz – 1lb. ( 325g – 500g).
53. Jar of jelly 8 ozs(250g).
54. Jar of lemon curd 8 ozs (250g)
55. Jar of chutney 12 oz – 1 lb (325g – 500g)
56. *Sultana cake to the recipe given below.
57. *5 Sausage rolls.
58. *White loaf —1 lb ( 500g) (made by hand, not in bread-maker)
59. *Victoria Sandwich with jam filling. 3 eggs,180mm diameter tin
60. *5 Cheese scones.
61. *Peanut cookies.
62. *5 Rock cakes.
63. * 5 Lemon curd tarts.
64. Pair of adult mittens.
65. Decorated lamp shade.
66. Pressed flowers.
67. A baby jacket.
68. A sewn soft toy.
69. A finger puppet.
70. A Painting maximum size 300mm
71. Any other Handicraft – Non Edibl
175 gm SR flour.
100 gm margarine.
100 gm granulated sugar.2 medium eggs
225 gm sultanas.
Cover the sultanas with water and boil for 8 minutes. Strain off the water and add margarine to sultanas and allow to melt. Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add sultana mix, eggs and flour. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and add mixture. Bake for about an hour at gas 4, 350F, 180C, 160Fan.
Crunchy Lemon Cake
175 gm SR flour.
100 gm soft margarine.
175 gm caster sugar.
Finely grated rind of one lemon
4 Tablespoons milk.
1 Teaspoon baking powder
For the crunchy topping.
Juice of 1 lemon
100 gm granulated sugar
Measure all the ingredients for the cake into a large bowl and beat well until blended. Turn into a 2lb loaf tin. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes at gas 4, 350F, 180C, 160Fan.
Measure the lemon juice and sugar into a bowl and stir until blended. When the cake comes out of the oven spread the lemon paste over and leave to cool.
CLASS 5 PHOTOGRAPHS
The David Morgan Memorial Trophy.;
Awarded for the best entry by a member
All photographs to have been taken since last year’s show, and not to be computer enhanced. Maximum Size 150mm x 180mm un-mounted, colour or black and white.
72. Bowl of fruit.
73. Modern Agriculture.
75. A clock.